gg-lifegoal

Lifetime Goals

1. Have a party and serve everyone fruity drinks in pineapple shells

2. Look good in a swimsuit - or, I should say, feel like I look good in a swimsuit

3. See an active volcano (preferably the one on Hawaii's Big Island)

4. Live in Manhattan

5. Kiss the foreheads of my own children goodnight*

6. Get paid for something I have written or created.

7. Go to every single state in the Union. (Just getting out and touching the ground doesn't count).** 25 more to go!

8. Drink margaritas in Mexico

9. Own a dog - preferably from puppy to adulthood

10. Have a FULL DAY at the spa. One of those that costs a fortune and involves lunching in a robe between facials and wraps and mudbaths and vichy showers.

11. Learn to take fantastic photographs

12. Go a whole year without forgetting the birthday of one single person I love

13. Take my mom on a hot air balloon ride

14. Not worry about money

15. Pick blueberries. Apparently I did this as a child, but I don't remember it.

16. Hire someone to do all cleaning and laundry

17. Go to Santorini, Greece, and have a beautifully romantic visit there

18. Read the Bible, cover to cover. I've tried a couple times, but get very bored with all those begots and begats in the beginning, so that I'm easily distracted.***

19. Be graceful

20. Watch a space shuttle launch

21. Karate-chop a board with my bare hand

22. Go to Coney Island. Yes, I've heard it sucks, but I really want to go!

23. See the Sphinx and the pyramids in Egypt before they blow away

24. Get a really great, accurate psychic reading

25. Go on an African safari

26. Travel through the Bermuda Triangle (without disappearing, of course)

27. Have a house with a gigantic porch and rocking chairs where I can sit and drink sweet tea or something else lovely

28. Ride in a sleigh, cuddled up with Wilman, with a blanket over our knees and thermoses of hot toddies in our hands

29. Own a MiniCooper

30. Speak Italian beautifully

31. Play in a band. A cool band.

32. Have a well-stocked, endless wine collection

33. Learn to sail

34. Swim with manatee and/or dolphins

35. Own my very own photo booth, and have anyone who comes over do a series of photos for me. Also do my own on a regular basis.

36. Be able to fix my own car

37. Own and run a bookstore. Serve wine there.

38. Own and run a fantastic bar

39. Visit Cuba before it's taken over by McDonalds and Starbucks

40. Figure out what I want to be when I grow up

41. Make homemade pasta

42. Bake and decorate a cake so beautiful, it looks store-bought

43. Be less self-conscious

*to be continued*
___________________
*Don't get too excited here - this is not some sort of sly unveiling of a personal scandal. I'm just saying I want kids someday. Not that I already have them and that something or someone is keeping me from kissing them goodnight. Ha.

**Wow, I've been to 25 of them. That's better than I thought. Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont!

***I realize this is odd, considering that I am not particularly religious.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely list! I share a longing for quite a few of the things you've listed. It's not necessarily odd to want to read the bible; lots of not-particularly-religious people read and study it. (I've always wanted to read the Qu'ran out of curiousity.) To help get through the "boring bits" you might try reading The Message version. It's very accessible prose.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Thanks, Kyleen! I appreciate the suggestion. :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Monkey - Aww, thank you! I would LOVE to go to Wisconsin! Especially if I can procure one of those cheese foam head things. I suspect I could just buy one on the internet, but that's not as fun.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home